West Coast Engineering Co., Ltd (WCE)
West Coast Engineering Co., Ltd., or WCE, was established in 1999 with a registered capital of 50 million baht, and is a 100%-owned subsidiary of SSI. In 2001 WCE’s registered capital was increased to 75 million baht.
Scope of Business
- Designing, approving, and consulting for civil, mechanical, electrical, and electronic engineering, and supervising construction and installation of machinery for clients
- Maintenance service for plant and machinery
- Manufacturing of spare parts
- Research and development
- Approval and consultation for the repair, maintenance, and installation of electrical systems and equipment, electronic equipment, control panels, and communications equipment
- Repair and maintenance for buildings, offices, and office systems, such as waterworks, electrical systems, telephone systems, and cooling systems
- Cleaning services for plants and offices
16 K&Y Building 5 Fl., Surasak Road, Silom Sub-District, Bangrak District, Bangkok, Thailand 10500
9/1 Moo 4, BanKlangNa – YaiPloy Road, Maeramphueng, BangSaphan, Prachuap KhiriKhan, Thailand 77140
- Telephone Headquarters (+66) 2234 9889 Factory (+66) 3290 6112-119
- Fax Headquarters (+66) 2233 6669 Factory (+66) 3290 6120
Sahaviriya Steel Industries Public Company Limited (SSI)
Sahaviriya Steel Industries Public Company Limited or SSI is Southeast Asia’s largest producer of hot rolled steel sheet in coils (HRC), with 4 million tons annual capacity. SSI endeavors to supply premium-grade steel sheets to cater for the region’s growing demand in various sectors such as automobile, energy, transportation and construction sectors. Our people’s passion and energy is captured in the Company’s vision statement – “Leading Innovative and Reliable Steel Company.” and Company’s mission statement – “Innovate premium value steel product and service for customers, create sustainable shared value and trust for stakeholders.”
2nd – 3rd Floor, Prapawit Building, 28/1 Surasak Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand 10500.
9 Moo 7 Ban Klang Na – Yai Ploy Road, Mae Rumphueng, Bang Saphan, Prachuap Khirikhan, Thailand 77140.
- Phone Headquarters: (+66) 2238-3063-82 Factory: (+66) 3269 1403-5, 1412-5, 1419-20
- Fax Headquarters: (+66) 2236-8890, 8892 Factory: (+66) 3269 1416, 1421
Thai Cold Rolled Steel Sheet Public Company Limited (TCRSS)
Thai Cold Rolled Steel Sheet Public Company Limited or TCRSS, was established in 1995 as a joint venture between SSI and a number of leading Japanese companies, namely NKK Corporation, Marubeni Corporation, Tomen Corporation, Nichimen Corporation, Okura & Co., Ltd., and Toyota Tsusho (Thailand) Co., Ltd.. TCR was granted investment privileges by the Board of Investment to be the first company in Thailand to produce cold-rolled steel sheet in coil. Costing over 13.5 billion baht, or approximately US$540 million, TCR’s cold strip mill is located in Bang Saphan District, Prachuap Khirikhan Province. Production commenced in July 1997, and the plant now has a capacity of 1.2 million tonnes per year. The plant uses hot-rolled steel sheet in coil as its raw material.
Cold-rolled steel sheet is used in the manufacture of automobiles, electrical appliances, furniture, packaging, and various types of coated steel, and in construction.
28/1 Prapawit Bldg. 5th Floor, Surasak Rd., Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand 10500
111 Moo 4, Maeramphueng, Bangsaphan, Prachuap Khirikhan, Thailand 77140
- Phone Headquarters: (+66) 2630-0300 Factory: (+66) 3254-8375-9
- Fax Headquarters: (+66) 2630-0320-2 Factory: (+66) 3254-8382-3
Thai Coated Steel Sheet Co., Ltd. (TCS)
Thai Coated Steel Sheet Co., Ltd., or TCS, is the first company in Thailand to produce electro-galvanized steel sheet in coils. It was founded in 1992 as a joint venture between SSI and three Japanese companies, namely NKK Corporation, Marubeni Corporation, and Itochu Corporation.
TCS has been granted investment privileges by the Board of Investment to produce galvanized steel sheet by electrolytic coating process. Costing 2.45 billion baht, or approximately US$100 million, TCS’s plant began production in February 1994 with a capacity of 180,000 tonnes per year. The main raw material used is cold-rolled steel sheet.
Electro-galvanized steel sheet is more resistant to corrosion than ordinary cold-rolled steel sheet. The smoothness of the surface and the chemicals applied to it facilitate the coating process. The end-product is ideal for work that demands an attractive finish, such as automobiles, computers, and electrical appliances that include video players, televisions, refrigerators, and washing machines. Consumer demand is causing manufacturers to rely more upon galvanized steel than ever before for products that are both beautiful and durable.
28/1 PrapawitBuilding ,8th Floor., Surasak Rd., Silom Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand 10500
2 Moo.7 , T.Mearumphung Bangsaphan, Prachup Khirikhan, Thailand 77140
- Phone Headquarters: (+66) 2630-0390 Factory: (+66) 2630-0398-9
- Fax Headquarters: (+66) 3269 1423-7 Factory: (+66) 3269 1422
Prachuap Port Co., Ltd (PPC)
Protecting the Environment,Developing the Economy, Welcoming to Service Users
Prachuap Port Co., Ltd., or PPC, is a subsidiary of SSI, established at a cost of over 1.4 billion baht, or approximately US$55 million, and supported by investment privileges from the Board of Investment. PPC is a private enterprise operating the deepest seaport facilities in Thailand. Its two berths serve mainly to unload raw materials and load finished iron and steel products manufactured in the district of Bang Saphan, Prachuap Khirikhan Province, although it provides port services and facilities for all sorts of other ocean-going vessels.
The Main Berth
The Main Berth began offering service in February 1994. This berth is 30 metres wide, 450 metres long, has a dockside MSL depth of 15 metres, and can dock two ships of 100,000 DWT each.
The Second Berth
The Second Berth began offering service in April 1994. This berth is 25 metres wide, 245 metres long, has a dockside MSL depth of 8-11 metres, and can dock two ships of 20,000 DWT each.
Scope of Business
- Unloading and loading ocean-going cargo.
- Transshipment of cargo to and from ocean-going and coastal vessels of all types.
- Docking services.
- Storage of various goods in temporary storage facilities or bonded warehouses.
Prachuap Port has installed breakwater technology from France that employs Accropode® concrete barriers to interrupt incoming waves rather than natural stones.
6th floor, Prapawit Bldg., 28/1 Surasak Rd., Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand. 10500
62 Moo 3 Maerumphueng, Bangsaphan, Prachuap Khirikhan, Thailand. 77140
- Phone Headquarters: (+66) 2630 0323-32 Factory: (+66) 3269 3101 to 17
- Fax Headquarters: (+66) 2236 7057 Factory: (+66) 3269 3123